How I Stay Motivated to Blog!

by - May 19, 2017


I always get a lot of questions in Q and A's asking me how I stay motivated to write blog posts and I normally give a pretty short answer so today I'm going into the nitty gritty of it!

The short answer to this question when I get asked it is I honestly don't know. Blogging is such a nice and you either love it or you find it a chore. I feel as though I don't fit into either category. 99% of the time I absolutely love blogging and I love seeing your positive comments in reply to my posts. However, there is still that other 1% when I realise it's Monday night at 5pm and I realise I still haven't written that nights blog post!

The main thing that keeps me blogging is you lovely lot. When I first started blogging it would be really disappointing to have spent hours on posts and them get 5-10 views.  If you're in that situation right now, don't worry about it, this happened to me for about a year before my views increased pretty rapidly. However now, there is a lot more of you viewing my posts and it's so lovely to see the number of views increase on a post. The fact that you guys take the time out of your day to read my posts is what makes me improve my writing, my photography and just my blog in general!

Another thing that keeps me motivated is other peoples success. At the moment in the blogosphere a lot of people are doing really well from blogging and that's what makes me strive to be a better blogger myself. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I'm trying to be the next Zoella but even smaller achievements like 1000 followers makes me keep pushing on to my next goal.

Linking back to the last point, set yourself goals. Now these don't have to be huge goals, make them realistic. For example if you have 300 followers don't expect to be getting thousands of views by the end of the year. I set myself some reasonable goals this year so click right here to be taking to my post about those!

I hope this post helped you and gave you some good advice. Thank you so much for reading and I will see you all very soon,

Love Lou
xxxxx

You May Also Like

0 comments