First impressions of the Tanya Burr Advent Calender

by - January 13, 2017

Hey everyone,

Last year, me and my sister shared a Tanya Burr advent calendar, so today I thought that I would share with you my thoughts on my 6 products!

 
First of all, we have the Matte Lip in Christmas Stocking. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of this colour on me, but that is purely because I don't think I suit a cherry red lip. This shade is quite a bright cherry red, but if those are the shades you prefer, I'm sure this is the perfect shade for you. Apart from the shade, I think the product as a whole is brilliant. It stays on for a very long time, but even when it starts to fade, it fades evenly, and not in a ring around your lips. Usually you expect a matte lip product to be really drying but this feels really nice a velvety on the lips and not drying at all!
 
The next product is a silver glitter polish in the shade Glitter Rain. I love this product - the name, the shade, the quality - it's just amazing! Obviously like all glitter polishes it isn't a completely opaque colour and it does need a shade underneath (I personally think a nude one works best). This is the perfect shade from the Christmas and New Years period!!

 
The other nail varnish is the shade Glitters and Gold - why do all Tanya's products have such cute names?!? Anyway, this is the most gorgeous gold glitter that would look gorgeous anytime of the year - you can never go wrong with glitter can you?? Also, the nail varnishes are all full sized exclusive shades!
 
The final lip product is a lip gloss in the shade Berry Pavlova. This shade is a berry toned red that is perfect from winter. Normally, I don't wear glosses because I feel like they are sticky but this one isn't at all. It lasts all day and through eating and drinking which I think is pretty impressive compared to other glosses on the market.

 
The first eye product is the glitter eyeliner in the shade Treasured. Before this I had never tried a glitter liner, but I have to say, I'm really impressed! I love using this when I don't have time to do a full eye look. I just apply a thin line across my lash line for that added glitter pop. This is also pretty pigmented - I was just expecting clear product but with just a bit of gold glitter! 
 
 
The final product is the eye shimmer pot in the shade Champagne Sparkle. As this is a loose glitter, there is a lot of fall out but that happens with every loose pigment so you can't really blame that on the product itself. Apart from that, this adds just a nice sparkle to the eyes that you don't get as much with pressed pigment eye shadows!

So, thank you all so much for reading, and I will see you all again very soon,

Love Lou
xxxxx

Other products included:

Lip Gloss in Candy Cane (Deep pink/red)
Glitter Liner in Ice Crystals (Silver)
Eye Shimmer Pot in Snow Day (Pure sparkle glitter)
Nail Varnish in Sleigh Bells (red glitter)
Mirror
Nail File

You May Also Like

0 comments