2016 Favourites!

by - January 02, 2017

Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a brilliant new year!! I back today with my 2016 favourites - I did this last year and you loved it some much I thought I'd do it again!




This first thing that I obsessed over was the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I got this for my birthday back in July and I could not be happier with it. The pigmentation and longevity of the shades is amazing. Before I had the palette, I never really understood why there was a massive difference between this palette and many high street palettes. After using both and comparing them side by side, I think the extra £10 or so is definitely worth paying - the quality in general is just so much better!


Smashbox 24 hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer is the one product that I think has been with me through the whole year. I have used this every single time I have worn either eye shadow or eyeliner and it locks in the product and it literally doesn't move all day! This is quite pricey however and I have seen good reviews of cheaper high street primers which I might give a whirl, but if you're looking for a slightly more high end primer - this ones for you.

 
I have worn the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in Extra Fair basically every single day this year and I still haven't finished my first bottle! This is quite high coverage so little definitely goes a long way - if you apply a normal amount you would it can look cakey. I have fairly pale skin so I sometimes struggle with concealers too orange - the Collection Lasting Perfection for example - but this one matches me perfectly.

Tanya Burr's lipstick in Pink Cocoa is a product that I have never mentioned on here before but I feel like it definitely deserves a spot in my 2016 favourites. I managed to get my hands on this very sort after shade at the beginning of December and I have worn it nearly every single day since. It's the perfect slightly brown toned pink nude that looks gorgeous within and everyday look as well as a night-time look.


You lot are going to probably be really bored of me mentioning this product, but I'm going to include it anyway! My next favourite of 2016 is the NYX soft matte lip cream in the shade Istanbul. This is a vibrant pink shade that is the perfect lip colour in spring and summer. Unlike other matte lip products this is not drying at all and (hence the name) feels really soft and velvety on the lips.


A brush that has been my absolute holy grail throughout 2016 has been the Real Techniques base shadow brush. This is THE best brush for applying a seamless base shade over the lid. It works in cream products, pressed shadows and even loose pigments. I think it's the perfect all rounder brush, but the only downside is that you can only get it in the Starter Set which is really sad as if this was sold on it's own I would 100% buy more of them.


A skincare favourite of mine was the Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water. I first tried this in about September when I couldn't find my regular cleanser in any high street stores. I'd seen a lot of good things about this so I thought I'd give a shot. From my first use of this, I fell in love with it. It gets rid of all my make up but is still really gentle on my skin.


Nivea Daily Essentials Rich Regenerating Night Cream... where do I start. I have been using this moisturiser every single night for nearly the whole year and I can honestly say that it's definitely my favourite moisturiser ever!!! It's really moisturising but not so much that your skin feels really greasy and oily when you put it on.

So, I hope you all enjoyed my 2016 favourites, let me kno your favourites in the comments! I'll see you all very soon,

Love Lou
xxxx

p.s. Sorry for all the different photo backgrounds, I'm really struggling with lighting as it gets dark so quickly so I had to use some old photos. I hope you don't mind!!!

You May Also Like

0 comments