Salted Caramel Brownies : Tanya Bakes

by - August 08, 2016

Hey everyone, you all seem to be loving my baking posts, so I thought I would do another one for you. Surprise, surprise it is from Tanya Bakes but these sounded so good I just couldn't not share the recipe with you. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this post, and happy baking! (Makes 16 to 20 brownies)

Ingredients:

A 30cm x 20cm baking tin
200g of Butter
300g of Caster Sugar
160g of Plain Flour
300g of Dark Chocolate
60g of Cocoa Powder
4 Eggs
1 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
1 tin of Carnation Caramel
1 tsp. of Sea Salt Flakes

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/ 350 degrees F/Gas Mark 4. Then line the baking tin with greaseproof paper.

Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.

Remove the bowl from the pan. Whisk the sugar into the melted chocolate and butter., then add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk well until light and bubbly.

Carefully fold in the flour and cocoa powder, trying to knock out as little air as possible.

Pour half of the mixture into the baking tin, then pour over the tin of caramel, spread evenly and then sprinkle with the sea salt flakes. Pour over the remaining chocolate mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes. Don't worry if it has a slight wobble - it will continue to cook as it cools and will become nice and fudgy.

Allow to cool completely in the tin, then turn out and cut into squares.

So, that's it! I hope you enjoyed this post, and I will see you all very very soon,

Love Lou
xxx

Qotp - Would you ever try this recipe?

p.s. Let me know if there is any baking posts you want me to do. xx

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. this sounds so yummy! I'd love to give this a try. Xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! If you do, post them on Instagram with #bakingwithlouloves so I can see them! Love Lou xx

      Delete