Lou's Guide To: Summer Essentials

by - June 06, 2016

Hey everyone, and welcome to another Lou's Guide To. I hope you are enjoying reading these posts as much as I enjoy writing them :) Anyway, today I will be sharing with you my summer essentials, I hope you enjoy this post, and I will see you very very soon. xxx

Bright Lip Colour

During the summer moths, I always find myself reaching for a brighter lip colour. Over time, I have collected some firm favourites, and they are : Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Crayon in 2 and Rimmel London Colour Rush Lip Crayon in 100 Give Me A Cuddle. These are all drugstore products and really affordable - especially the Barry M one

Gold Toned Eyeshadows:

Also in summer, I prefer a gold toned, shimmery eye. It was harder for me to get firm favourites in this category as I always tend to change it up. My top 3 however, are : Urban Decay Half Baked, Tanya Burr Gold Coin and the 2nd shade in L'Oreal La Palette Nude (it doesn't have a shade name).

Fruity Scent

I have only just discovered a fruity scent that I absolutely love. Unfortunately, it is coming off shelves now but if you see this, make sure you pick it up. It is the Zoella Beauty Lets Spritz body mist. This is from the Tutti Fruity collection which came out last summer. All of the Zoella Beauty sprays are super affordable - they are only £8 for 45ml.

A Good Body Scrub

I feel like this is so important for summer. This is because when you have been out in the sun, your skin can get quite dry/flaky so I find that a good scrub helps get rid of any dead skin particles. I like to use the Soap and Glory scrubs and my two favourites are Scrub of your Life and Scrub 'em and Leave 'em. Obviously, if you have burnt skin, this might not be the best option for you. :)

A rich, moisturising Body Lotion/Butter

After using a body scrub, I like to use a nice, rich body butter or lotion otherwise I find it can dry my skin out more than it was before. My favourites right now are the Jack Wills Hope Cove body lotion and body butter, as well as Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter.

Light Moisturiser

In summer, I tend to prefer lighter moisturisers as heavier moisturisers can feel like they are clogging up your skin. My forever favourite is the Nivea Dry/Sensitive Rich moisturising day cream. This also has SPF 15 in it which isn't loads but it's better than nothing.

A Tv Series

Over summer, I find it's really nice to sit out in the sun and watch a good TV show on my kindle. Right now, my favourite is Love Island. This started about a week ago but all past episodes are on the ITV Hub so you can catch up if you missed any episodes.

Thank you so much for reading, and I will see you all very very soon,

Love Lou
xxxx

QOTP - What are your summer essentials?

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Lovely post! One of my summer essentials is a body scrub as well! I love soap and glory's sugar scrub and the body shops blueberry scrub!

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A body scrub is definitely an essential for me too :)

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogs are so good, keep up the good work and you'll do so well! From @kl_blogs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie, that means so much xx

      Delete