Budget Beauty - Make up

by - October 12, 2016


Hey everyone,

Welcome back to another budget beauty post! The last one went down quite well, so I hope you enjoy this one just as much. Last week I talked about budget skincare products, this week I am going to be talking about make up! Make up is a real passion of mine so it's always a bargain when you can get great products for great prices! I hope you enjoy this post, and I will see you all very, very soon. xxx

When I first started wearing make up, I absolutely loved Natural Collection, in fact  it was the first brand I ever owned a make up product from - it was the Juicy Lips lip gloss in Raspberry Ripple! I would 100% recommend Natural Collection to any of those of you who are only just starting out in make up. The products all retail at £1.99 which is amazing for the quality that they are!

The affordable drugstore brands that I love are: Tanya Burr Cosmetics, NYX and Maybelline.

Tanya Burr Cosmetics is probably THE best affordable make up brand there is. I have tried the nail varnishes (Bright and Early, Be Bright, Be Happy, Be You), lip glosses (First Date, Aurora and Cotton Cane) and an eyeshadow palette(Hollywood eye palette). the quality of the products is incredible for the price the products are! The nail varnishes only need one coat, the lip glosses are super pigmented and not at all sticky, the eye shadows stay all day - you couldn't ask for more!



NYX is a brand that I only discovered recently, but I have fallen in love with it instantly. The eyshadow palette is probably my most used eyeshadow palette I love it that much. It is a create your own palette with the shades Naked Truth, Sin, Velvet and Over the Taupe. The empty palette was £3.50 and the individual pans were £2.50 so it only cost £13.50 for the whole palette. The other two products I have are Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul and Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake. These are equally as good and retail at £5 and £5.50.


Maybelline is a long standing drugstore favourite of mine. My favourite products ever from them are the 24 hour Colour Tattoos in 096 Cream Beige and 35 On and On Bronze. These last all day without budging and are some of the most pigmented shadows I own. These come in gel-cream shadow form and apply really nicely. Because they are a cream they look gorgeous as a base or just on their own!


Thank you so much for reading, and I will see you very, very soon,

Love Lou
xxxx

Qotp - What affordable make up brand could you not live without?

You May Also Like

0 comments