April Favourites

by - May 01, 2016

Hey everyone, and welcome to my April favourites! Today, I am going to be sharing with you some bits and bobs that I have loved throughout April! I hope you enjoy this post and I will see you all again soon. xx

Beauty

Alberto Balsam Juicy Green Apple Shampoo

I have fallen in love with this shampoo through out April. This shampoo is for normal to greasy hair. I picked this up because at the end of last month my hair was looking quite greasy - even on 2nd day hair! So, I picked this up in Boots and it has completely changed my hair. It makes it look shiny and healthy but without looking greasy, like other shampoos. This was also really affordable as well as it was only £! As well as being sold at boots, most big supermarkets sell it as well!

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Blur and Brighten Concealer

I bought this concealer in the middle of March as a replacement for my Collection Lasting Perfection which kept on leaking all of the time. I got this, as I knew it was not going to leak because it is a stick but when you apply it onto your face it looks like a liquid concealer - it is a really weird concept but it is one of the best concealers I have ever used! It feels really creamy on my skin but still covers up all blemishes and dark circles. The only slight issue I have had with this is on any dry skin it goes quite patchy and peel-y but if you moisturise before hand it is completely fine. This was also pretty affordable as it retails at £6

Kiko Free Spirit Lip and Cheek in 105

This is a limited edition product so if you want to try this out you might want to get your hands on this pretty quickly. This is a lipstick in a pencil style which was released with Kiko's range that was designed by Ross Lovegrove. This comes in a box with the pencil and giant sharpener inside - which is super handy! This comes in 5 or 6 shades (I don't really know how many as some shades have already sold out online). I got this in the shade 105 which when lightly applied is a bright pink and when built up is a darker pink but still pretty bright. As this is limited edition it was a bit pricier than the regular kiko lipstick but - it is also nearly double the size. This retails at £9.90.

Skincare

Jack Wills Hope Cove Body Lotion

I don't think I have ever mentioned this product on my blog before which really surprises me as it is probably my most favourite body lotion of all time! I got this in the "Weekender" set by Jack Wills at Christmas so I don't know the price of this individually but I am guessing it would be between £5 and £10.  Anyway, this is a really creamy lotion and makes your skin feel really silky smooth. It also has a really nice scent, but it is really hard to describe! If you are ever in a Jack Wills store give the Hope Cove range a smell and you will know what I mean!

Nivea Rich Regenerating Night Cream

This is my all time favourite moisturiser! There isn't really much I can say about this apart from it makes your skin really soft and moisturising! This was from my favourite skincare range - Nivea dry/sensitive. As some of you long term readers many know I have been using the range for a while now, and I have never tried a bad product from the range! The range is really affordable - this moisturiser costs £ per 50ml and comes in a tub or tube - depending on which you prefer.

Scent

Royal Revolution

This perfume is by Katy Perry and I got it a few years ago for my birthday. It's a really rice fruity
scent but it has vanilla undertones which makes it perfect for all seasons. I don't actually know how much this is as I cant seem to find it anywhere - if you know let me know in the comments :).

TV and Flim

Home Fires

Season 2 started up at the beginning of April. I hadn't watched season 1 but I was told I would probably pick up what had happened as the season goes on. I have now picked up what happened and I love it. It is set around WW2 and it can get a little scary at points. If you watch it, let me know in the comments who your favourite character is.

The Durrells

The Durrells is also a show that started at the start of April. It is on 8-9pm (just before Home Fires). This, I believe, is based on a true story. It is about the Durrell family that move to the Greek island of Corfu and try to start a new life. I don't want to give away too much so I won't say too much :)

Eddie The Eagle

I went to go and see this film in the middle of April and when I went, I didn't really know what to expect but it was actually really good! It is based on British Ski Jumper Eddie Edwards - who was nicknamed Eddie the Eagle at the Olympics. It was an absolutely brilliant film and I cried (I cry at nearly everything happy in a show/film. haha).

App/Game

Food Street

I started playing this game, towards the end of April and it is brilliant. It is where you get given a restaurant thingy and you have to make orders from people using the ingredients you have grown/produced. Then, there is also community events where you compete in teams! It is a completely free available on Google Play and App Store. It does however have in-app purchases which you can choose whether or not you want to purchase anything from the app.

Youtube and Blog

Sacconejolys

I just had to include them in my favourites after the amazing announcement they made this month! I have been watching the Sacconejolys for about 3 years now - which is a long long time. (For those of you who didn't see their announcement click here to see it.

Pink Smarties (Marti)

I did a collab with Marti, and she was such a pleasure to work with, so you should definitely check out her blog

Thank you all so much for reading and I will see you again very soon

Love Lou
xxx

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Lovely post! I love Kiko so I will have to try the lip and cheek thing out! I've also been watching the Durrells and I love it! Xx

    Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should - it's amazing! I love it - I don't want it to end xx

      Delete
  2. Oh Lou, thank you so much for including me! I've loved watching The Durrells too :)
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! You're too lovely not to include! I love it - I don't want it to end xx

      Delete