Lou's Guide To : Mascara

Hey everyone, over the time I have been wearing makeup, I have tried and tested a few mascaras. So today, I thought I would talk about some of the mascaras I have tried and what I thought of them. I hope you enjoy this post, and I will see you again very soon!

The very first mascara I ever tried was Natural Collection Lash Definition Mascara. This is a thin wand , which makes it perfect for a first time mascara as it is petty easy application and you have less chance of poking your eyeball with it (hehe). Personally, I think it is a great first time mascara but isn't so great if you have been wearing make-up for a long time. However it would be perfect if you are just looking for a bottom lash mascara as, like I said, it has a thin wand and doesn't apply too much mascara at once. This is also pretty affordable as it usually retails at about £1.99. Also, it is in really small packaging so you could just slip into your bag, or wherever you want to take it.

Next, I tried Collection Lash Volumising Mascara. I wasn't a fan of this at all. It's wand was huge, and had no shape to it at all - kinda just a blob. When it went on, it didn't give any volume of length, just sort of stuck my lashes together. I really don't recommend this for anyone - unless you want to clump all of your lashes together. This retailed for £3.99, and I think the £1.99 one was actually better!

Then I got Maybelline Lash Sensational. A lot of people here on the internet rave about this so much, but I am going to have to disagree with them! Personally, I like my lashes to look quite natural, where as this clumps 5 lashes together (and kind of makes me look a bit like spongebob hehe) The product itself is also pretty clumpy. When I take the wand out of the bottle, it has clumps of mascara on it. The one thing I do like about this, is the wand. It is a curved shape - which makes it really easy application. This retails at about £., and it is probably my favourite out of the 3 so far.

Finally, I tried my all time favourite mascara Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara. I go this mascara in a set. I always ramble on about this so if you are interested in my thoughts on it click here.

I hope you all enjoyed this post, and I will see you all very very soon
Love Lou
xx

Links

Natural Collection (New name)
Collection
Maybelline
Smashbox

Comments

  1. Ooh great post and I'm loving the layout change! The natural collection mascara was my first ever makeup purchase xx

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a great first time product! xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! I've never tried the natural collection mascara and at that amazing price I think I will give it a go! I also agree with you on the maybelline lash sensational mascara! It is an ok mascara but I think it is overrated and it does make you look like spongebob!:D
    X

    Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely should. I'm glad i'm not the only one! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments :)