American Beauty Haul!

by - August 26, 2018


 
As I've been back from New York for a couple of weeks now, I thought it was about time to give a run down of the beauty pits that I picked up whilst over there. I've split it into two, with 2 brands in each post (glossier and Sephora, and then Ulta and Bath and Body Works)!
 


Glossier was one of he places I was desperate to visit and it was as incredible as I thought it would be! The showroom was complete Instagram heaven (see me instagram for the pictures) and I couldn't not pick up some of their cult products!


The first thing I picked up were the lidstars, these are fairly new to Glossier so I was super excited to pick a couple up! They were on 2 for $30 (I think!) so I picked up the shades moon (a gorgeous creamy champagne shimmer with blue reflects!) and cub (a beautiful copper shade that's been majorly hyped about on here). I haven't given these a go yet, so I'll be sure to report back when I have, but I knew I just had to include them as the packaging is just so cute!!


The next thing I picked was one of their two masks - I went for the hydrating moon mask but they also did a detoxifying one as well, so they're really covering a wide range of skin issues in just two masks! I'm super excited to try this one as I've heard such great things about how it sorts out dry skin!

 


I couldn't g to Glossier and not pick up this could I! The milky jelly cleanser is probably the mots hyped about Glossier product ever! I actually went for the bigger size because why wouldn't you! The smaller 2 oz. size was $9 and the bigger 6 oz. size was $18, so you're getting triple the product at only half the price!


Another of the internet's favourite is their cloudpaint! This is their liquid blusher and I was so tentative when I was picking the shade out as sometime blush shades don't quite sit right with my skintone but then  found the shade beam and I absolutely loved this! I've used it a few times so far just dabbing some on my cheeks and then blending it out with either my fingertips or a really dense brush and it just gives a really nice peachy glow to the skin - it works really nicely on very pale skin!

  The final product I picked up was the coconut balm dotcom! everyone always say how good the balm dotcom are so I had to get one. I ended up going for coconut in the end, over the one that I originally wanted - the birthday edition one - as I found that they had a very similar scent but the shade of this one was just so much nicer, so be sure to keep that in mind if you're ordering online!

 


I also couldn't go to New York and not go into Sephora, so after several trips to the Sephora store in Times Square, I ended up picking up a good range of things I think! Also, I did try to focus on the brands that we can't get easily over here, so that's why there wont be any too faced or anything popping up (although the too faced counter was so dreamy!)
 

So, the first thing I picked up was the purple clay mask which moisturises and smooths! They did 5 different colours I think and they all did pretty different things but this was the one I thought would do the most for my skin! This was only $8 and says it has 4 uses in, so I'm super excited to use this and see what it's like!
 Now, this product has quickly become a favourite product of mine! It's the fenty beauty match stix which is a matte facestick that is kind of a blend between foundation and concealer, but it sits really nice on the skin - it's very much a barely there finish but the coverage is insane! The shade range is also incredible and I actually managed to find a shade too pale, and that never happens, so I ended up with this shade porcelain which I think is the second palest!

Another product I got was the fresh lip treatment in petal. I am absolutely loving this so far! It's the perfect mix between a lip balm and lipstick! It sits really nicely on the lips and feels so nice and moisturising, but the colour is also so buildable! You can juts dab a bit on for a wash of colour or you could use a lip brush to create a more high-impact look!


I also managed to pick up the It Cosmetics your skin but better CC+ cream which everyone seems to be loving at the moment! I've tried this only once or twice so far but I really like the finish, eventhough it sits quite heavy on the skin to begin with, once fully blended it's a lovely airbrushed finish, without making it too obvious! Also, I found that blending on a freshly moisturised face really helped the skin look smoother and make the product cling to drier areas less!

 

Then I picked up 2 of the Sephora collection solo eyeshadows! I haven't tried these yet but I'll give you a quick run down of what I can remember from the swatches in store! he first shade - blonde ambition - is a gorgeous shimmery champagne that can be built up to a gorgeous pale gold shade, whilst the second shade - antique copper - is so much more pigmented and high impact, and the shade itself is (as the name suggests) a true copper shade that has slight burnt orange undertones which I think will look gorgeous in warm-toned looks throughout autumn!


Then the final thing I picked up was the Sephora colour switch eyeshadow brush quick cleanser. This is essentially a sponge that you swirl your brush around on in between shades and it gets rid of the previous shade! This is such a good idea as I often need the same brush for different shades within the look, so I'm super excited to try this out!

So, that was a slioghtly longer post than normal, but I hoped you all enjoyed it and be sure to look out for the second instalment in a few weeks time!

Lou Loves x

Glossier website - www.glossier.com
Sephora website - www.sephora.com (you can now only order from the Europe store to the UK so not all products will be available!)

You May Also Like

1 comments