Lou's Guide To: Make up Bag Essentials

by - September 05, 2016

Hey everyone, and welcome back to another Lou's guide to! I've not done one in ages, so I thought it was time for another. Today, I am going to be sharing with you my make up bag essentials. I hope you enjoy this post and I will see you all very, very soon. xxxxx

The first thing is the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer. I have this in the shade Extra Fair but right now, it is a little too pale for me, so I use this under my eyes and that brightens up your face. This concealer has a really creamy texture that doesn't feel heavy on my skin. I blend this in using my beauty blender and it doesn't look cakey at all. This is also really good value for money as it's only £4.19!

The next thing is my Urban Decay palette. Most specifically the shade Naked which is what I fill my brows in with. If you have blond hair and struggle to find shades that work, this is perfect.

For my eyes, I am obsessed with my NYX Create your own palette. I have the shades Naked Truth, Sin, Velvet and Over the Taupe. Naked Truth is a matte nude shade that makes a really good inner corner and brow bone highlight. Because it's matte I prefer it to some of the really glittery highlight shades in some palettes. The shade sin is a really glittery pale pink tone. It looks really nice on it's own for a day to day look put can also be transformed into an evening look by blending the shade Over the Taupe through the crease. The next shade, velvet, is a warm brown colour with has a slight bit of shimmer running through it. This looks gorgeous with the shade Buck from the Naked Platte through the crease. Finally, Over the Taupe is a dark taupe shade that is the perfect matte crease shade. These palettes are super affordable - it's £3.50 to but the 4 shade palette (It's also available in a 9 shade palette), then the pans to put in the palette are only £2.50 each.


Another eye related product is my holy grail eyeliner - Soap and Glory Supercat Skinny. This eyeliner is a felt tip liner and the tip bends a little so it makes draw really accurate liner really simple. I can't really say much else about it other than it is honestly amazing value for money as it retails at £6.50 and is available in most boots stores and online.

You all knew this mascara was going to be on the list somewhere. It's my Smashbox Full Exposure. I'm not going to ramble on about this as it talk about it all the time! It has a pretty big brush but it isn't too big that you can't do your bottom lashes.

Another that I never leave out of my morning routine is my Popcorn lip scrub from Lush. This just helps lipstick apply better and stop it looking flaky through out the day (especially liquid lipstick).


Speaking of liquid lipsticks, the final essential for me is NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Istanbul. I'm going to be doing a review of this a week today (12th September) so look out for that. This is a vibrant pink nude that is perfect for everyday.

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I will see you very, very soon,

Love Lou
xxx

Qotp - What are your make up bag essentials?

You May Also Like

1 comments